HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
SSD, SAS and SATA disks in one box. Transparent failover between datacenters, delivers performance as promised.

Valuable Features

SSD, SAS and SATA disks in one box, transparent failover between datacenters, delivers performance as promised.

Improvements to My Organization

Less data is stored in silos, more is kept in this central solution with advantages of raid, tiering and backup. We are looking into Flash, we already own some violin boxes and have a small capacitiy of SSD disks in the 3PAR.

Room for Improvement

Monitoring and reporting.

Use of Solution

6 months, it’s predecessor HP 3PAR T400 for 6 years.

Small bugs in the GUI that were resolved in the latest version.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

9/10.

9/10.

No, we owned its predecessor and were very happy with that.

Initial setup was performed with a reseller, but you should have some idea about how you would like to ‘shape’ your environment. All can be altered afterwards if you would reconsider.

Implementation Team

Vendor team. I would rate them 8/10; An HP technical expert was needed for some configuration add-ons.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, comparable systems from Dell, EMC and Hitachi.

Other Advice

Organize a couple of meetings with the technical staff to build the storage array that will meet your demands. Knowing in front which type of RAID you will need and the type of IO will benefit you.

1 visitor found this review helpful

Free Quote

We will send you a quote of 3PAR typically within 24 hours.

2 Comments

Calvin Zito, HPEStorageGuyVendor

Disclaimer: I work for HP Storage

What a great summary and review of HP 3PAR. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

29 January 15
Calvin Zito, HPEStorageGuyVendor

Want to be sure folks see that HP 3PAR All-Flash won the All-Flash Array Product of the Year Award from TechTarget. I have a blog that talks about it. http://hpstorage.me/19Cw9a8. There's been lots of other "best of" for the HP 3PAR family - if you're interested in those, drop me an email at hpstorageguy at hp dot com.

20 February 15