HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

What is most valuable?

The thin technology and adaptive optimization features make the SAN appear bigger and faster than what it replaced, all the while using a third of the rack space. We also use Flash SSD disks for adaptive optimization, and this speeds up the performance up to 10 times what it was.

How has it helped my organization?

We are using a lot less power and space with this SAN compared to our previous solution. This SAN only takes a third less power and capacity, yet it provides almost twice the performance.

What needs improvement?

The only area I would say that could use improvement is communication on what upgrades should be applied. We have been told that the re-seller cannot perform, nor recommend, upgrades.

We have been using the product for about two years.

Installation was quite easy, and we were using the SAN very quickly.

None! We had a failed disk and have had replacements before we even knew! Rebuild times are fast!

We added a shelf online with no issues and the SAN was online during the upgrade.

Great, they are able to be reached quickly and without any issues.

Support know the product very well and will escalate any issue quickly within their tiers and without being asked.

We used an EMC solution before. The price, performance and features swayed us to HP 3PAR.

Setup was reasonably easy. We used a CD and a VM template to “birth” the unit. It was all wizard driven and intuitive.

We used a vendor team who were knowledgeable of the product.

Great! The product has exceeded our expectations.

The product seemed to be too cheap when compared to replacing our existing SAN. Therefore, we were hesitant at the features and performance offered. I believe we spent around C$80k for the system. Maintenance and proactive support was included, so day to day costs are really only power.

We compared EMC and IBM, but both cost more and lacked key space and performance features.

What other advice do I have?

Compare all vendors carefully as there are a lot of features that appear to be similar but in actuality are very different.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a 3PAR reseller
More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users