HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

We're pleased with the scalability and that we're notified when updates come out.

What is most valuable?

Scalability is the most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

We had unexpected capacity growth. We informed the integrator what was going on and they were able to work with HP, forecast what we needed, and install it overnight without any downtime.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see future versions have improved protection and optimization, such as whether we're using the right disks properly for the assigned workload.

No problems or issues with stability. We get notified from HP when the updates come out--really simple, quick, and easy with no downtime.

3PAR has been extremely scalable.

Customer support is excellent.

I think we’ve only had to call once for understanding the update process, but I've never personally had to call.

We didn’t have a solution in place, so we went through an integrator and got a recommendation.

Initial setup was complex because we didn’t have any previous knowledge. It's been two years since, and I think it’s essentially a simple setup and we just didn’t have any prior experience.

What other advice do I have?

When deciding on a storage vendor you need to look at IOPs and scalability.

I would recommend 3PAR; we tell everyone everyday. It beats Hitachi and EMC (Clarion) hands down. We would recommend them over all those solutions.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment

author avatar

Red, scalability of 3PAR is very impressive and glad that's worked so well for you. For anyone that wants to dive deeper, here's a link to many, many 3PAR articles on my blog: http://hpstorage.me/1IAQhqU.