Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
We were able to consolidate disparate storage environments into a single chassis with multiple connection types.

Valuable Features:

Disk-utilization tier-ing (3PAR Adaptive Optimization)

Improvements to My Organization:

The organization was able to consolidate disparate storage environments into a single chassis with multiple connection types, utilize the different disk tiers across all software/hardware connected platforms, all the time providing the fastest disk to the most utilized portions of storage as determined by the controllers.

Room for Improvement:

While there is direct module integration with different Hyper Visors on the market, the actual software of those integrations do leave some feature integration off requiring both management interfaces. The greater this integration becomes the easier to manage the environment it will be.

Use of Solution:

I used it for three years.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

All the issues we encountered were due to human error.

HP technical support for 3PAR is excellent once you have navigated the call tree.

Previous Solutions:

I utilized HP Lefthand devices and EVA SAN’s (Models 5000 and 4400)

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was complex in that requirements were not communicated well through the VAR and some parts needed to be sent back (PDU’s were of the wrong type) and the VAR assumed a Virtual Storage manager would be used, but a physical manager was both requested and required, which created an installation delay while the correct equipment was shipped.

Implementation Team:

It was implemented through a vendor team, originally out-sourced by HP, then followed up by HP in-house technicians.

ROI:

The implementation did not have an ROI to calculate as the products being migrated off of were end of life.

Other Solutions Considered:

• Dell Compellant
  • EMC VMX

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 221,808 professionals have used our research on 5,660 solutions.