Pgzybd0n 400x400

HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review
The storage necessary for applications meets the customer's expectation, or internal customer expectation.

Valuable Features:

The 3PAR is a way for us to manage our SAN fabric and have a way to do that in this very complex environment in which we operate. The 3PAR's been something we've relied upon for a number of years and continue to do so.

Improvements to My Organization:

Our particular function works to coordinate with our capacity teams to define the requirements and then they come to us and say they need this amount of storage attached and so forth. From a technical standpoint, I'm not really well versed in that particularly. Internally in our company it's more about defining how we need the storage set up so that the teams that implement the storage necessary for applications meets the customer's expectation, or internal customer expectation.

Room for Improvement:

I was trying to get into the StoreServe this morning; couldn't get into the basic hands-on lab. Technically, I can't address anything as far as features, support, or anything like that which might be helpful.

Scalability Issues:

It's scalable just based on the physical placements of the hardware and the white space involved on the floor.

Initial Setup:

We have teams that work with the fabric directly and do all the fiber channel setup.

Other Solutions Considered:

They give us the storage requirements and then we coordinate with the teams to do it. As far as competition I don't get involved.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About HPE 3PAR Flash Storage?

Our experts can help. 213,655 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.