HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

Links our 12 remote ports into one centralized datacenter

What is our primary use case?

All of our servers are HPE, and it links all of the 12 remote ports that we have in Saudi Arabia, so we have only one centralized datacenter. It is the building ground of Saudi Ports' authority, to be honest.

What needs improvement?

The backup batteries, the WPS, could be better. We have two different vendors that provide the WPS, and HPE is one of them. When we had the outage we shut down the entire thing and tried the backup generators. The electricity was out for 20 minutes and the HPE battery didn't last 10 minutes.

A little over a year.

The stability is good. We had one incident where the downtime lasted less than 30 minutes. So I would say that it is accurate, fast and reliable.

It is pretty scalable. When we implemented the solution we started with only seven ports and we began to add new servers. Then we started publishing new services to our clients.

The technical support is quick and responsive. They will prioritize things based on how critical the problem is. If they need to be on site, they will come on site. If they don't, then they will fix the problem remotely; just log in and do what they need to do.

We have not looked at other vendors because we are very happy with HPE. We are currently looking to upgrade within HPE.