HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

We have built a DR solution based on this solution, minimizing our downtime

What is our primary use case?

We use it for our main production system, for SAP, and also for SharePoint, Microsoft products.

We have a good relationship with HPE, but we still have some challenges in the Arabic implementation and in migration, but for daily work, it's fine.

How has it helped my organization?

We built a DR solution based on this, we can sustain our business for any amount of time, 24/7. We have minimized downtime to 10 minutes now, because of this solution.

What is most valuable?

Support.

What needs improvement?

More flexibility and expansion, and also relocation, a cloud solution.

It's stable. We haven't have any issues, unless it's human error, until now.

We have issues with scalability because 3PAR has limited storage capacity, so we have to invest more after a while.

We have gotten to level 3, the last level of support. We had some high issues with them, but they were fixed. It took some time. The issue with it was, when it's in production, even one day is too long.

For storage we had Dell EMC, and we used to have IBM but not any more.

IBM is not a Windows platform, and Dell, they didn't have storage at that time. Now they have EMC. So they both have a full solution, like HPE. And they are presenting a solution to us everyday.

What other advice do I have?

What is most important to me in a vendor is that when I need them there, they're available.

I give it an eight out of 10 because of scalability.

HPE is a full solution, and they have a bigger scale for everything. You can build something cheaper when you combine companies, but there will be problems after a while with support and troubleshooting. Everybody will blame the other.