HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

Improved our transaction data performance as well as overall capacity

What is our primary use case?

It serves as our centralized storage for three tiers of storage, and we have half a petabyte.

It performs very, very well.

How has it helped my organization?

We've had an overall improvement of performance in terms of actually doing transaction data, and we have a lot more capacity than we once had.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for me is the support, three tiers of support. Storage is storage. The reality is, is it available and functional? Service and support are more important than capacity.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see compatibility with NVMe.

Resilience and reliability, unmatched. They take good care of us.

The scalability is far beyond what we'll ever need.

The service and support are far better than any other service and support I've had. They are very proactive and very sensitive to any kind of disruption of functionality.

Our data center was compromised and I had to replace the entire data center. Our previous solution was HPE LeftHand.

The most important criteria for me when selecting a vendor are

• cost
  • reliability
  • support.

The setup was complex from the perspective of the employees having to go through five days of training. If they simplified the administrative process of maintaining the unit, that would go a long way.

We have seen value when it comes to ROI but I can't elaborate.

Nimble. We went with 3PAR because we got a special deal on pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of 10 because administrative functionality requires five days of training.

More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.