HPE 3PAR Flash Storage Review

What is our primary use case?

It is our primary storage for all of our data. Everything from personnel systems to file shares, print services, and databases are mission-critical applications that we run on 3PAR.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed us to set up a fully functioning disaster recovery site with replication, which we have been able to configure between our 3PAR systems.

The solution has helped improved our throughput. It has helped our organization with our DR site and connections to our blade systems.

What is most valuable?

The replication that you can set up between remote 3PARs is its most valuable feature.

I would rate it a ten (out of ten) for its ease of use. We haven't had any issues when we have had to build anything out on it. There have been no major issues, as far as outages or hardware issues.

What needs improvement?

The GUI was a little hard to figure out how to use.

The stability has been great and solid, so far. We haven't had any hiccups or any major outages.

The scalability is very good. We are planning on adding another rack of hard drives.

The technical support was very knowledgeable when we first set it up. Outside of that, I haven't really had any experience with them.

We had an old HPE SAN. We compared one 3PAR to the SAN. Then, we wanted to set up replication between our DR sites, so we purchased another 3PAR.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a reseller for the deployment.

The solution has helped our organization reduce time to deployment.

Our organization issued us an HPE 3PAR. There really wasn't any market research with other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

It is a solid product. It works really well for our situation and what we need at a disaster recovery site. It is fairly simple to set up.

We do not use InfoSight.