HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

The all-flash storage gives us the performance that we need

What is our primary use case?

We use three power arrays. The first array is for video storage and video surveillance. The second array is for production of our virtual machines. Pretty much everything is run on one of these three systems.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us some disaster recovery capabilities. The all-flash storage gives us the performance that we need.

The remote copy group failover is very useful and has helped us.

We use InfoSight predictive analytics. The most useful part of it is being able to see the growth curve.

What is most valuable?

• The uptime
  • Its reliability, that day in day out, it will continue to be running.

The solution's availability is very good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have single click upgrades because the process is cumbersome right now. The upgrade process is very tedious. It takes a lot of time and effort, in addition to coordination with HPE. We are looking for something which is more user-friendly and easy to deploy. Fixing the upgrade process is very critical.

The stability of the solution is very good.

The scalability is alright. When we try to scale it, we do upgrades.

The all-flash positions our organization for growth. If somebody comes to us who needs an application with performance, we have that already formulated.

The technical support is good. We work with a local vendor.

Our previous solution was between five to six years old, so we were looking for something newer, like all-flash.

The initial setup was complex, but we had the partner there to help.

We used a partner for the deployment, and our experience with them was good.

The solution has increased our performance.

The solution helped our organization reduce our time to deployment.

I would recommend looking at Nimble instead. It is a similar option and something that we are looking at now, though 3PAR has been a pretty solid product.

What other advice do I have?

The solution’s deduplication functionality is alright.

More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users