HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

It is reliable and easy to administer. It meets all the requirements we have for storage systems.

What is most valuable?

The 3PAR is very reliable, flexible, scalable, stable, and is a high performance storage solution that is easy to administer. It meets all the requirements we have for storage systems. We used to have HPE’s XP solution. That was a little bit too costly. We also had the EVA systems on the 3PARs and the mid-range suits our work very well.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult for me to say where the areas of improvement are because we haven’t been able to test all the features yet. At the moment, it’s OK for us.

I would like to see it cheaper to increase the cost effectiveness.

The stability is very good.

The scalability is very good.

Technical support is good. We are using and administering all the solutions. Technical support comes into play when we have problems and it doesn't work, but not for the solution setup.

The initial setup is rather straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We needed to invest in a new solution because we moved out entire data centers.

I used to be at HPE, so we had to take HPE solutions. We are very confident with them. Now in the new company, we are going to set it up exactly as it was in HPE.

We made HPE come faster to the market with a solution that is market proven. We didn't want to have any additional risks.

If a colleague was looking for this or a similar solution, I would recommend they use it.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer:
More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE EVA
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.