HPE 3PAR StoreServ Review

Doesn't require purchasing more licenses to get all of the features you need

The solution is very stable. HPE is always stable.

The scalability has always been great because of one idea from HPE: no need for us to pay from the beginning for the full machine. We can purchase based on the budget of our company. This makes it scalable. It's great.

Technical support for both 3PAR and Dell EMC in my country, Iran, is very difficult because we are under sanctions. We can get it through other countries.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Any action we want to do with a Dell EMC product needs a license. But with 3PAR's converged solution, at least there is no need to purchase more licenses to get all the features that we need. We can get basic and mid-range features without licenses. But for simple activities with Dell EMC, we need a license. Also, HPE is simpler than Dell EMC for the end-user.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product for sure.

At a minimum, I would rate this product at eight out of ten. I give it an eight because of the support, that I can't get support in my country. This is the worst part. Support cannot be sold until we are out of the sanctions. It's not anything to do with HPE, it's political issues.

More HPE 3PAR StoreServ reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE 3PAR StoreServ. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.