HPE Hyper Converged Review

Good data application and data recovery but is a bit expensive

What is most valuable?

If you were comparing this solution to VMware, it has more features, and it's very fast on the recovery.

What needs improvement?

One problem I've had is that I was trying to do a move and it was not working. I was given an error and a message asking me to shut down the machine first and then move it to another host. While in the normal VM, we just used the existing viable machine and moved it to another host without an issue.

As this product is new to me, I need to do a bit more training to see what it offers.

It is an expensive solution, however. If they could adjust the pricing, that would be helpful.

I've been using the solution for two months.

The stability is so nice. We like it.

The scalability is good. Right now we are deploying our production environment and our plan is to do the same in the DR environment also. We plan on increasing usage in the future.

Technical support has been fine so far. We have only been using the solution for the last two or three months, so it's hard to answer this question because we are new.

As far as I know, we did not do the installation, it was done with another company.

We were working with a vendor for HPE and they did all of the installations for us.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is easy to use and the data application and data recovery so far are better and faster than the competition. Many other features are really great.

I would rate it a seven out of 10. We like Hyper Converged HPE, but there's definitely a lot of unfamiliar features that I cannot comment much about until I've experienced them.