HPE Hyper Converged Review

High quality solution for hybrid cloud orchestration with quick and easy hardware scalability

What is our primary use case?

In this particular case, the HPE Hyper Converged solution is used in a hybrid cloud configuration. We assess the disk space and partition additional capacity.

The performance is good compared to the cost of the solution. I offer it to my customers. If we propose a solution, we must ensure that the platform quality is very high. Also, the cost of the solution is important.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm not using the solution in my data center but for customer systems integration. The solution is not installed in my data center. We use it in customer offices.

We install and configure the HPE Hyper Converged device for our customers. They shared with us that they had a positive experience using it in production.

In my company, there are more than 2,000 users. This does not include our clients. The initial deployment of HPE Hyper Converged is a dimension that is going to be here in the future.

We value the ability it offers to create a fault-tolerant site. At the moment, the solution permits us to use a default domain but is not supportive of many simultaneous customers. HPE offers many enterprise solutions for our business clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of the HPE Hyper Converged (standard version) are deduplication and compression. We need more of these features on the platform.

What needs improvement?

Some improvement is required in the availability of the data and performance. The solution is too expensive for our customers. The pricing should be lower. HPE Hyper Converged is more expensive than traditional solutions without HCI, but our customers are impressed with the overall features of this product.

I have been using HPE Hyper Converged for six months.

The stability is very good. I've executed a lot faster. The system responded very well.

We require scalability for accomplishing financial requirements in customer accounts, as well as for augmented media and resources. HPE Hyper Converged is very scalable.

I can expand the space on the disk simply. If the need for computational capacity increases, I can add a new server and increase the amount of RAM and CPU.

I can increase the RAM and CPU allocations without disruption of business operations for the customers in just a few simple steps.

The initial setup of HPE Hyper Converged is straightforward. It is simple. I prepared for it very well. I didn't have any problems or issues during the setup phase.

We did not use an integrator or reseller for the deployment. We installed it ourselves.

The price of HPE Hyper Converged is too high if I compare the product with a traditional solution or an alternative like SimpliVity.

I have to pay the licensing for the CPU on top of the software and device costs.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate HPE Hyper Converged an eight.

More HPE Hyper Converged reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Nutanix and others in Hyper-Converged (HCI). Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.