HPE Hyper Converged Review

An excellent virtualization solution that's easy to implement and simple to scale

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the in-built backup system. The backup speed is also excellent.

What needs improvement?

The solution can be improved on the management side. More management features should be added to future releases.

The solution should have more in-depth manuals or user information. This would not only help us but also assist our customers.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The solution is very stable. We haven't had any complaints. It's a very effective solution.

Scaling the solution is simple. You simply need to add the resources, such as CPU or memory storage. It works like a cluster. If you have two nodes, then a third node can be added to the existing cluster.

We have not reached out to technical support as of yet, but so far, we haven't needed it.

Previously, we had what we called a traditional system, where you have a separate server, and storage, and a new backup system. All of this occupied almost three to four servers. This solution now covers all of our requirements in one. Our previous infrastructure was also almost all physical infrastructure. There was no virtualization. Now, we're almost 100% virtual in our infrastructure.

The initial setup is very simple. Any system engineer who has experience in VMware will find it very user-friendly. Deployment took about a week. Apart from the hardware, we had to install two types of hypervisors, and then we handled the virtual machines and the backup. For deployment, we had five engineers.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

For us, there are no extra costs above the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

If you're looking for virtualization solutions, this is a very good product. If you're an organization that does not need virtualization or has some applications that cannot use it, you should look into other solutions, such as HP Synergy. That's an enterprise-level product, however. It's not suitable for SMBs.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.