HPE Integrity Review

Replacing PA-RISC with the IA CPU has helped the HPUX perform better. There is still a bias, however, of Oracle towards HP Integrity servers, an issue that should be addressed.

What is most valuable?

• Availability
  • Performance

How has it helped my organization?

HP used the IA CPU and replaced the PA-RISC. The IA has helped the HPUX perform better and covered all the bits those were exposed with PA-RISC.

What needs improvement?

Since Intel featured this product as a mainframe class, it should perform closer to a mainframe. Secondly, there should be some initiative regarding bias of Oracle towards HP integrity servers.

I've used it for about eight years.

No issues encountered.

Integrity servers are serving customer very well, but usage has reduced since HP iIntegrity is no longer a favorable platform to run Oracle, as conceived by Telco level customers.

I have been using SUN S6900, HP Proliant and IBM X series servers for SMB and tier 1 and 2 in large corporates. Integrity solutions are vendor specific so support is very specific as well.

It is straightforward.

Except running Oracle on Integrity servers, its ROI is well justified in customer environments. EOSL’s are very justified.

What other advice do I have?

The true benefit of this hardware platform comes with HPUX implementations.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are an HP partner.