StormRunner Load Review

We can configure browser settings for different operating systems and on different versions without the need to install every version on each machine.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to configure browser settings for different operating systems and on different versions without the need to install every single version on each machine and to manage them. This is the most useful feature that I'm interested in.

I'm also interested in mobile center services related to StormRunner functions because we are going to determine which will be the best solution for developing mobile testing. And we are interested in outsourcing mobile testing, so this kind of environment will be useful as we are not engaged in the configuration of infrastructure. Also, I think it will be useful because Storm Runner functionality does not need specific configuration because the configuration basis is in the UFT and the UFT can be in our environment. We do a lot of configuration because we develop a custom framework related to UFT. So, I appreciate that configuration can be managed by us, while the browser can be released on the remit version.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more ability to dive more deeply into the configuration.

I think the product is still immature because we have some problem reaching the mobile center connection related to a proper configuration on our machine. In fact, we are in touch with the R&D team to fix the configuration for our environment. I also think that it will be useful to have an object recognition tool because the specific configuration on the browsers are to be managed so as to fix our specific test. I need to recognize what was the configuration on the remit browser and I need a tool to analyze the impact of the browser configuration on the test.

I think the scalability is fine with this kind of solution because I have no problem with how many machines will be available to run the test; it's a matter of the cloud provisioning. It will be useful to run the tests in multiple environments in parallel. That will be a good tool for us when we have to make tests with a shortage of time.

I have not used technical support recently. HPE support is always prompt to solve the issues. That is the main thing I appreciate regarding support.