Huawei NGFW Review

Can help during implementation, however, offers bad documentation and technical support is not helpful

What is most valuable?

Huawei was able to assist us in the installation of their product. The installation was very fast.

What needs improvement?

The usage for the data center wasn't that good. It needs to be improved.

The support is not very good.

The documentation needs to be improved. When they retire old models, they also retire the documentation. However, if you are still using an older model, you still need access to that documentation. And yet, they go ahead and removed it. It's gone. You are therefore stuck with a device with no documentation and technical support that isn't very helpful as they also remove support assistance as well. They tend to use this method to force you into upgrading.

However, even in newer models, we've noticed the documentation isn't the best. It's very limited across the board.

We've been using the product for about two and a half years at this point. We started using it somewhere between 2016 and 2018.

The scalability isn't that great. On top of that, if you want to expand, you need to buy more of the product.

90% of the telecommunication equipment in our organization is Huawei, so it has been used quite extensively.

Their technical support needs to be much better. We couldn't get help when we needed it. We haven't been satisfied with their level of service.

We used to use Cisco's ASA Firewall, however, we discontinued it seven years ago.

We've also stopped using Huawei and are now using Sophos.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward and the deployment was relatively quick due to the fact that we had assistance from Huawei.

We had direct assistance from Huawei.

The licensing was a cause of concern for us. The price ended up being quite high. We weren't expecting it.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

We haven't been too satisfied with the solution and so we have decided to move from it to Sophos.

I wouldn't recommend the solution. We've had a lot of issues with licensing and support, among other concerns.

Overall, I'd rate the solution four out of ten.

More Huawei NGFW reviews from users
...who compared it with Sophos XG
Find out what your peers are saying about Huawei, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Firewalls. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.