IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

Textured and reliable with secure data privacy provisions

What is our primary use case?

We deal with a range of customers and lately the issue of data privacy and user identity has become very important and many companies are now seriously evaluating tools like Guardium. Companies want to know who is accessing database applications and what they are doing. This product is geared towards medium and large size enterprise companies. We're partners of IBM and I'm a company Vice President.

What is most valuable?

The ease of deployment is a key feature of this solution.

What needs improvement?

With these solutions, flexibility is always an issue and that applies to Oracle and other similar products. Integreon, which is much smaller in size, is likely to be more flexible than IBM.

There is a big concern here in India about deploying on cloud so the one thing I would like to see in the next release is a fast option from IBM that is hosted from their India cloud data center.

I've been using this solution for a few months.

I think this is a stable solution.

It's easy to scale this solution.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup is a little complex and requires some effort. It generally involves some customization and configuring and will require good online support. If you have a fair idea of the customer environment I don't think it takes a long time. There is very little, if any, maintenance required if the solution has been configured properly.

What other advice do I have?

This is one of the core applications for customers and is not something like an endpoint security or perimeter security. It's a specialized use case. This is a textured product and the brand equity of IBM means it's reliable. I have long-term relationships with my clients and wouldn't like to deploy something that gives me problems. This is a good product.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More IBM Guardium Data Protection reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about IBM Guardium Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
479,124 professionals have used our research since 2012.