IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

It can provide the logs for the activities performed by the privileged users across the all databases including MSSQL, DB2, Teradata, Oracle Sybase and many more.

What is most valuable?

Database activity monitoring (DAM)

How has it helped my organization?

It can provide the logs for the activities performed by the privileged users across the all databases (MSSQL, DB2, Teradata, Oracle Sybase and many more) which can avoid the internal frauds and keep data secured. It can also alert if any hackers tried to log-in to the databases from failed login alerts.

What needs improvement?

Some improvements were needed in version 9.6, those are covered in version 10 already. If we face any issues or bugs in the product IBM provides the patch on that.

Since last 4 years I am working on this project and organisation using this sine seven years

There are very less or minimal issues deployment those might be due to the human error , IBM documented the all steps in details for the deployment and they are available on internet.

Yes there was the issue on the high CPU utilisation by Guardium services ,on the database host but IBM has introduce the Guardium service monitoring service(watch dog process) which auto restart the Guardium services when CPU utilisation reach the defined threshold percentage.

If you follow the recommended configuration as per the IBM and correct capacity sizing done there is no issues.

8 out of 10

8 out of 10

NA

Initial setup is very easy to perform . this has only 4 level architecture (Central Manager-->Aggregator-->Collector-->Guardium STAP agent)

we are implementing In-house with help of documents

Little high as compare to other products available in the market but the service provided by vendor is great and there are many additional functionalities as compare to other tools

NA

What other advice do I have?

vast product as there are many features of this product to full fill the customer requirements, and less expertise are the there worldwide.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I worked for the bank , this is very useful tool to secure the information .