IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

Good monitoring, analytics, and data loss prevention capability

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for ensuring compliance with databases. It allows monitoring of what kind of statements and alterations are going on, as well as who is accessing what data.

How has it helped my organization?

IBM Guardium is useful for organizations that require compliance such as banks, insurance companies, and pension plans. Having it available allows us to focus on those clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are data loss prevention and data protection.

From the perspective of analysis and prevention, this product is pretty accurate.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the connectors to the databases need to be manually updated and we have to configure them again, which is something that should be improved.

I have been working with this solution for one year.

This is a reliable product.

It is easy to scale. There are more than 5,000 users in total, although it does not run on all of the servers or user workstations.

The technical support from IBM for this solution is pretty good. Support via email is available and overall, it is reliable.

This is the first database security solution that I have worked with.

I found the initial setup to be complex. There are a lot of connections between different components and it is not straightforward. Our deployment took approximately three days.

We had the assistance of a system integrator.

What other advice do I have?

From my experience, I find that IBM Guardium is pretty good and I would recommend it.

The monitoring and analytics capabilities make it a very good product, although we have had intermittent problems with our database connectors so it is not perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More IBM Guardium Data Protection reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about IBM Guardium Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
479,323 professionals have used our research since 2012.