IBM Planning Analytics Review

A stable solution for budgeting, but it isn't user-friendly with Excel and needs to have inbuilt reporting

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is our budgeting tool, and actuals reporting.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is able to slice and dice the data.

What needs improvement?

It's wonky, and not super user-friendly with Excel.

The use case is only by fiance, but It should be able to be used by the end-user of the business.

I have been using an older version of IBM Planning Analytics in our company for a year and three months.

This solution is stable and we have not experienced any issues.

It's scalable to the finance team and with the growth of the team, but not for the entire company.

There are two users. This includes myself, and I am an FP&A manager, and I have an analyst on my team.

We have a support agreement with a third party. We have not worked directly with technical support through IBM.

I wasn't a part of the initial setup, but I know that it is complex.

It takes months to deploy.

Our licensing cost is approximately $50,000.00 per year.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if you are going to be using IBM Planning Analytics, make sure that you get your data structure correct ahead of time. You will need to add a separate reporting tool.

In the next release, I would like to see reporting joined in with the tool.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

More IBM Planning Analytics reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Board International, Jedox and others in Business Performance Management. Updated: February 2021.
463,678 professionals have used our research since 2012.