IBM QRadar Review

Provides visibility in terms of the threat surface and proactively looks at mitigation measurements.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us more visibility in terms of the threat surface and to proactively look at mitigation measurements, in terms of managing our risks. As our side business is increasing, it gives us a better way to handle of things.

What is most valuable?

We are using this SIEM solution, which is pretty good in terms of detecting threats and managing the intelligence for us.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I obviously would want to see more integration to the cloud-based services such as Microsoft Azure and the other line of business applications, so that we have a comprehensive view on a hybrid cloud stack.

The stability of this product is pretty good. It's helping us a lot and they keep on adding new features. Thus, as a platform, it's quite stable.

Scalability is good because it is a cloud-based offering and a managed services offering solution. The scalability is left for IBM to manage, so it's not a headache for us to manage.

We have used the technical support on and off. Since it's on a 24/7 SLA, it gets managed well. It is pretty good. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it an eight.

The setup was a bit complex. But as a project team, we pulled it through. It was complex because you need to understand the product and they need to understand our business requirements, as all of this is in the setup. So, it's not a straightforward payoff by just putting us off way there.

The SIEM solutions list we looked from included IBM, Cisco and Check Point.

The most important criteria while selecting a vendor are that it is a future-proof and tabulating solution. Also, the other factors involved are being a global leader and getting us up there as well.

The primary reason as to why we chose IBM is because we had a significant local presence. Also, QRadar's portfolio and its features on the Gartner's website were pretty much at the top end, i.e., as a leader in the leadership aspect.

What other advice do I have?

This is quite an established solution so, I will have no hesitations in recommending it.

More IBM QRadar reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk
Learn what your peers think about IBM QRadar. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.