IBM QRadar Review

Good scalability and straightforward setup, all in all, a good solution

What is our primary use case?

It is a requirement for all of the banks to have a security solution in Pakistan. That is the reason most of the banks are using it. In the last one and a half years, Pakistani companies are taking security very seriously, so for that reason, they evaluate these solutions. All in all, it's a good solution.

What needs improvement?

I would like for them to develop a detection management solution. It does not have a detection management solution in it, you have to buy it as it is, on top of the extended solution.

It's quite scalable. We have upgraded some solutions from 1000 APS up to 3500 APS to 5000 APS. It's a good solution, they have no scalability issues.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment time depends on each customer. We have customers who have different infrastructures and their deployments are quite different. If we rack and stack it, around two, three days, maximum a week, but configuration and optimization take up to somewhere between six months and one year.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.