IBM QRadar User Behavior Analytics Review

What is our primary use case?

Some of these products can be used in any vertical like healthcare, manufacturing, and vehicle. You can use these products in all types of verticals. But I found that there is a limitation in central verticals. These products do not do well in central verticals.

What is most valuable?

In terms of the most valuable features, the log collections and log processing mechanisms are good. They have good dashboards. They probably have the best cloud management log processing. They are going to announce user intended behavior and management features. Compliance monitoring is okay. All these things become a commodity.

What needs improvement?

They have to build more quantitative monitoring, profiling, and make it more predictive.

I have been working with IBM QRadar for the last seven to eight years.

QRadar is quite stable, but I am not sure about the volume. There is no clear volume. If I were to cross to an enterprise and the stability is not available then it would be a problem.

Augmented solutions are very tough to scale because you already fulfilled how well you fulfill the software and then you will have to limit the scalability. That is a problem.

Our clients are small, medium, and enterprise size.

Technical support is not that strong from IBM. It definitely does not compare to any standard support organization. It's not that great.

The setup is comparatively easy, it's not that tough. But if you look at the current situation with COVID-19, people or organizations are not looking at how easy the cost of the innovation is. People want a plug and play option.

It's like if you go to the market you buy a car, you get the key, just sit in the car and drive it out. With traditional companies like IBM, you have to use all the hardware, you have to use all the software, and the setup can take one month, two months, three months depends on or the scope. Nowadays consumers are looking for a souped-up car. They expect the tool to be operational maximum within a week's time or 15 days. That is what is missing in the QRadar.

The time it takes to deploy depends on the project scope. The order of planning can take a month to three months.

You will need three people to set it up. It can get quite expensive in retrospect. I prefer to have a plug and play service

There are more costs in addition to standard licensing; support, building.

What other advice do I have?

If you are only looking at IBM, make sure to evaluate the product thoroughly. Make sure to see the complete list they offer, like more of the competitive features. Explore the options available on the market.

It doesn't really integrate well with other products.

I would rate it a three out of ten. It is missing key features.

More IBM QRadar User Behavior Analytics reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Securonix Solutions, Splunk and others in User Behavior Analytics - UEBA. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.