IBM Security Network IPS Review

Simple to use, quick to integration, and the cost of operations is low

What is our primary use case?

This product hosts global data for our entire organization. It is a data consolidation system and a full data mart.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its simplicity.

It is quick to integrate with transaction systems.

What needs improvement?

The features are slightly behind what else is available in the market, which is something that IBM has to improve on. When it comes to benchmarking the latest technology, IBM is a little bit slower in their releases.

In the future, I would like to see a hybrid option so that we can work both on-premises and in the cloud.

I have been using the IBM IBM Security Network IPS for almost eight years.

The durability is quite high and I would rate it a nine out of ten.

In terms of scalability, I would say that it is a little on the poor side. I would rate it a seven out of ten in this regard. The system has a high peak usage and we have between 1,000 and 1,300 users accessing it at any given time.

We definitely have plans to increase usage in the future.

We have not been in contact with technical support.

A long time back, we were using Microsoft SQL Server. However, at the time, the technology did not permit a very large volume of data. This is why we switched products.

This system is very easy to install. It is literally out-of-the-box.

The deployment took approximately three months.

We used a third-party to assist us with implementation and deployment.

We have a staff of three people who are responsible for maintenance. One of them manages the server and the other two handle data administration.

The cost of operations is very low.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I recommend, especially for organizations that want a quick integration of data from the transaction systems, with a very low cost of operations.