IBM Spectrum Accelerate Review

Easy to migrate from one version to another and offers a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a complete solution from the IBM Spectrum Suite and as a deployment solution.

What is most valuable?

The ease of use is the solution's most valuable aspect. It's very user-friendly.

The security on the product is very good.

It's easy to migrate from one version to another.

What needs improvement?

IBM is already pretty good at upgrading the solution. On a quarterly basis they update and enhance the offering and work to reduce bugs.

The solution should offer better cross-platform integration capabilities.

The reporting mechanisms need improvement.

It would be nice if the solution enhanced its deduplication and compression features.

I've been working with the solution for the last three years.

The solution has been very stable so far.

While I do believe the solution would be easy to scale, we haven't yet tried to do so ourselves.

Currently, we have about 10 people within our company using the solution.

I've only used technical support once. They were able to resolve my issue. I was satisfied with the level of attention they gave me.

We didn't previously use a different solution before choosing IBM.

While the initial setup isn't simple per se, it's pretty straightforward. I wouldn't call the process complex.

Deployment took about four or five hours. It takes about two people to deploy the solution. We have four people in our company that manage and maintain it.

We deployed the solution ourselves. We didn't need the assistance of an integrator or other outside firm.

For a database, on a yearly basis, we pay approximately $3,500 for licensing fees. The solution is sold as a subscription on a yearly basis so there are no other ancillary costs.

What other advice do I have?

We are working with both IBM Spectrum Accelerate and IBM Spectrum Storage Suite. We're resellers of the solution.

We don't use it on a daily basis, but some of our customers might. We're on the vendor side.

I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it nine out of ten.