IBM Spectrum Virtualize Review

It helps us with automation and migration between other vendors for storage.

What is most valuable?

It is very good for compatibility and stability.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us with the management of automation and migration between other vendors for storage.

What needs improvement?

I had some ideas for improvement, but I can't recall them at the moment.

For us, the stability is great. We don't have a problem with this solution. We have our own systems and we integrate with other systems. When we have stability problems because of compatibility between other vendors, the same vendor, and many solutions, we lose money because of longer implementation times.

Regarding scalability, it depends. We had some problems with performance on all-flash storage. We don't use Spectrum Virtualize to offer storage, because they are too intensive for this environment.

I have used technical support. It was hard work, but we had some colleagues in IBM and they helped us to move forward.

What other advice do I have?

They should test the solution before starting the implementation. Sometimes IBM documents something, but in the real world, it doesn't work. It depends on the brand or the version of the software. So they should test it and then go to the client to make sure that it works there.

More IBM Spectrum Virtualize reviews from users