For how long have you used this product?
- Three years
Which features of this product are most valuable to you?
- Predictive modeling, and its best feature is auto-model, it will give you options on which models are best suited to your data such as CHAID, c5 or Logistic REgression, it also displays accuracy, another good feature is that it has boost and reduce data for replication (else you will have to rely on sample power) for power analysis
Can you give an example of how this product has improved the way your organization functions?
- Yes, we predicted enrollment of our students more accurately
What areas of this product have room for improvement?
- pricing maybe
Did you encounter any issues with deployment, stability or scalability?
- It's definitely scalable since its integratable with SQL Server or a flat database file like excel
Did you previously use a different solution and if so, why did you switch?
- We haven't used any since Predictive analytics software is very expensive
Before choosing this product, did you evaluate other options? If so, which ones?
How would you rate the level of customer service and technical support?
- Customer service and technical support is given by STRAND asia, however I would say IBM is not that good in handling our queries.
Was the initial setup straightforward or complex? In what ways?
- It became complex since IBM bought SPSS 4 years ago.
Did you implement through a vendor team or an in-house one? If through a vendor team, how would you rate their level of expertise?
- Through a vendor team
What is your ROI on this product?
- No ROI involved
What advice would you give to others looking into implementing this product?
- IBM SPSS modeler is good to integrate with IBM Cognos, make sure though that you have your data warehouse set up properly, there is also R and Python integration, you can download R essentials (32 bit and 64 bit) to work with R nuggets, definitely a big plus (imagine open source and the power of IBM to bring in a powerful and yet flexible software)