IBM SPSS Statistics Review

Good machine learning algorithms and statistical models, but technical support needs to be more responsive

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for collecting business data and reporting to upper management. Also, I am creating some regulatory and ad-hoc reports.

What is most valuable?

Some of the most valuable features that we are using with some business models are machine learning algorithms, statistical models given to us by the business, and getting data from the database or text files.

The current features meet with the needs of our company. Our needs are not complex for the features offered.

What needs improvement?

There are some scheduling issues that created some complex flows. Creating a simple scheduling mechanism would be an improvement for this tool.

Technical support needs some improvement, as they do not respond as quickly as we would like.

The price is too expensive so they should consider reducing the cost, make it more competitive.

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is stable, we have not had any issues.

We have not scaled this solution as it is sufficient for us.

We have one hundred people using this solution. Most are IT, consultants.

We have contacted technical support two or three times and they don't respond quickly.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We did not use a vendor team to implement this solution. We did it ourselves.

We think that IBM SPSS is expensive for this function.

What other advice do I have?

In this field, there are some open-source products such as KNIME that may be useful for our purpose, because it lessens the costs.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

More IBM SPSS Statistics reviews from users