IBM SPSS Statistics Review

Good for big data analytics, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for data analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

Some time I have used it RFM analysis, in sales. It has given good insight for improvement

What is most valuable?

The tests, videos, and tools that are the most useful depend on what objective the company has, but all of the features are quite good.

The solution is very comprehensive, especially compared to Minitabs, which is considered more for manufacturing. However, whatever data you want to analyze can be handled with SPSS.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas that should be similar to Minitabs is the use of blogs. The Minitabs blog helps users understand the tools and gives lots of practical examples. Following the SPSS manual is cumbersome. It's a good, exhaustive manual, but it's not practical to use. With Minitabs, you can go to the blogs and find specific articles written about various components and it's very helpful. Without blogs, we find SPSS more complicated.

I've been using the solution for one or two years.

The stability of the solution is good. We've never faced any issues.

The solution is scalable.

I haven't really used technical support. Mostly I use Google to look for answers to my questions.

We currently use both SPSS and Minitabs. We prefer Minitabs, but if we don't find a solution on it, we switch to SPSS.

In comparison to Minitabs, the initial setup was more complex. The solution has a lot of options and we weren't sure which were the best to use, and that made the experience frustrating. In the end, the deployment took longer than Minitabs.

NA

not calculated

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise users to think about using Minitabs. The solution is simpler. However, if you are working with big data, SPSS is better. For large data sets, there's nothing better than SPSS.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher, but it's quite a complex product.

More IBM SPSS Statistics reviews from users
...who compared it with SAS Analytics
Learn what your peers think about IBM SPSS Statistics. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
455,164 professionals have used our research since 2012.