IBM Sterling File Gateway Review

Plenty of valuable features, reliable, and technical support helpful

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for financial management. For example, transactions between the bank and credit card and cheque printing that need to be given to the printing service industries for transfer. There are APIs that are exposed for the corporate customers for their salary posting and other transaction settlements.

What is most valuable?

I have found almost all the features valuable.

What needs improvement?

IBM is advising not to use the IT translate anymore but this is going to be an extra cost to the customer to use the alternative.

Additionally, the solution can improve the REST API protocols. If you look at the REST API client services available, you can do an API call to any other API exposed, but the way the API comes it is not treated right.

I have been using this solution for approximately 15 years.

The solution is stable and reliable.

The solution does not have any issue with scalability.

The technical support is very responsive and as soon as you raise a ticket you are connected to someone that is able to help you at all levels, whether it is at the product level or any technical level.

The initial setup is straightforward.

There are two types of customer licenses, an annual preview license, and an ELA-based license. I have found the solution is priced well. However, they need to review the pricing model because if you look at any other competitors, such as GlobalSCAPE, they do pricing based on the components and what you select. With this solution you have a monolithic application which you need to buy, there is no component level price discount.

I have evaluated GlobalSCAPE.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate IBM Sterling File Gateway a nine out of ten.

603
More IBM Sterling File Gateway reviews from users
...who compared it with Axway AMPLIFY Managed File Transfer
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Axway, HelpSystems and others in Managed File Transfer (MFT). Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.