IBM Tivoli OMEGAMON Review

Good stability but it is lacking the ability to see historical information

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for mainframe systems for transactions and DB2.

What needs improvement?

We can only see online information but there isn't any historical data to see something that happened a few hours previous. We don't have the ability to access that information. Previously, with MainView, we could look back at information from two days before and get information. We could easily get information from Plexus. Now, we don't have a single screen to check which has been annoying.

Compared to MainView, Tivoli is rubbish. We are forced to use this solution. We couldn't stay with MainView.

I would like for it to be easier to check the system performance. It should have the ability to see historical data.

We can't see the percentages to see the percentages of the CPU utilized. We should be able to see how much was used by our part of the system. Now, we have to continuously recalculate that information.

We have been using Tivoli for around three years now.

It's stable enough. I haven't noticed any problems since it was installed.

It is scalable.

We currently have around 20 users and we don't have any plans to increase its usage. The service providers maintain this solution for us.

We have service providers so when there is a problem, they contact IBM technical support for us.

We switched from MainView where you could easily move screens and get information from it. You could customize the screens to only see things that you want to see. That's the main advantage that MainView has.

What other advice do I have?

I wouldn't advise someone considering this solution to use it. Use Mainview.

I would rate it a five out of ten.