iboss Review

Our primary use case for this product is DLP. It is a solution that prevents advanced persistent threats, and has a zero tolerance for attacks.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is DLP, data loss protection for databases. We also have solutions for patch management from Ivanti.

How has it helped my organization?

With iboss, we can protect the company, wherever they are, and also there is an ability to move like an MSSP, like a managed security service provider, making contracts with carriers.

What is most valuable?

The iboss solution gives me the ability to scan the traffic through all the ports, through all the 131,000 PCP and UDP ports. With this ability, we have the granularity also for consults over social media, over applications on mobile, and this is an advantage that the customers are looking for right now. Iboss is a solution that prevents advanced persistent threats, and has a zero tolerance for attacks.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes, obviously there are bugs, but right now they are handling them faster or fast enough to make them count and prevent new threats. In addition, iboss is growing so fast that it is often hard for them to keep up with the challenges.

It is stable, but due to growth, it can sometimes be less stable than wanted.

The two factors one must consider for a vendor are:

• Experience
  • Cost of the solution

We considered Blue Coat from Symantec. But, we found iboss more innovative.  They consider the needs of the security of the client, and the demand to protect from new threats.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: MSSP