Imperva Incapsula Review

A good solution that allows us to protect websites. It is stable, scalable, quick and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use it to protect websites against application threats and DDoS attacks. Because it is a cloud solution, we always have the last version. I don't need to update or upgrade.

We are a partner of Imperva. Imperva doesn't sell directly to customers, so they have to pass through vendors and partners like us. All of my customers have different levels of services with Imperva.

How has it helped my organization?

We can protect our customers with Imperva solution very quickly, it's highly appreciated by our customers.  We trust the solution because we saw a lot of blocked attacks, so once the customer website is protected, we don't worry about the security of his acces, it's all managed by the solution.

What is most valuable?

-WAF protection works almost out-of-the-box

-Anti-DDoS mitigation in less than 1s, I saw it many time in production, I can say it works

-CDN has high performances, and the Smart Caching mode is really "smart" (you can do some efficient caching even if you're not a specialist)

-It's a unique interface for managing security and performance aspects, we don't need to go through multiples providers to manages these aspects.

What needs improvement?

The weakest point of Imperva is their first level of support, which should be improved.

They should also improve the access and security logs viewing directly on the portal. I would like to see better access and security logs through the portal and not only through a SIEM solution. Currently, if you want to explore your access and security logs from Imperva, you need a SIEM tool or a SIEM infrastructure on your side to do it. You can't do it manually or directly through the portal, which is a big problem for us. They agreed that this is an improvement point from their side.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is very stable. I have used this solution for more than 20 customers, and each customer has a lot of websites. I have seen some network outages or things like that over the last four years, but I can say it is very stable.

Scalability is not a problem because it is a cloud. The provider manages this aspect for me.

This is the weakest point of Imperva. They have some very good technicians but not at the first level of support. I have already told them this several times. Each time I meet or talk to a chief or director, I say, "Your product is very good, but your support is not at the same level." I provide support to my customers for their solution. So, I know what the customers expect and how to address this kind of expectation. They need some improvement at this level.

The initial setup is very easy and quick. You can put the protection live in less than 10 minutes if you need it.

It is an expensive solution. The price is high as the level of service and security provided is high. A lot of customers tell us that they would love to use Imperva more. I have some customers who have 50 websites, but they protect only 10 websites on Imperva because of the price. They would love to have all their websites running through Imperva, but they can't. They have to choose the more critical websites to protect because the price is very high. It is a very good product, but it is expensive.

If you buy a plan for 20 megabytes and you don't consume all of your 20 megabytes, it is okay, but if you consume more, you are charged for the superior traffic.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because I have also used different WAF and DDoS solutions. For me, it is the best solution available. It is quite simple to do the configuration. You can do whatever you want. If you know the product, you can do fine-tuning and have the configuration that you need. You need the knowledge to do this, but you can do this, and it works. Even though it is a high-cost solution, it is easy for me to sell it to customers because I know it will work. I get a little bit stressed about some of the other solutions because I don't trust those solutions like I trust Imperva.

I would rate Imperva Incapsula an nine out of ten. It is quite a good solution. They can do some improvements, but it is quite a good solution.

Private Cloud
More Imperva Incapsula reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Imperva Incapsula. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.