Imperva Incapsula Review

With increasing traffic to our sites, it has protected them from DDoS attacks against which we did not previously have a solution.

Valuable Features

• CDN
  • DDoS protection

Improvements to My Organization

Basically, before we found Incapsula, we were getting hit with 5-10 gigabit DDoS attacks, and we were trying to figure out how to fight the attacks. Therefore, we tried Incapsula out on one site, and through the trial we saw what the solution could do – the attacker gave up after a few tries. Once we signed up for an enterprise account with all ten sites we saw the attacks drop weekly.

Room for Improvement

It would be nice to get a feed from Incapsula to import into our system. We have to have multiple dashboards open at the same time, and it would be nice to have one single dashboard with all our information.

Use of Solution

I've used it for eight months.

No issues encountered.

No issues – it has been particularly stable.

Scalability has been pretty good, our European traffic has doubled and our sales have gone up along with our stability.

10/10

10/10 – within 5 minutes we have had a response.

We used a NetScaler mitigation appliance – nothing worked that well, we were getting attacks and they were taking down services.

Setup was fairly straightforward. It took about 10 minutes as I had to fine tune it with our API to mitigate what traffic was being blocked. I was able to determine that pretty quickly and adjust accordingly.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

Probably about $150,00-$190,000 savings. It's hard to predict, but that would be my ROI estimate.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It costs around $7/month, really cheap.

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at CloudFlare. We tried it but it didn’t work that well.

Other Advice

Make sure you use a premium DNS provider. We had to move from a basic DNS provider to a more complex one to get it work with Incapsula 100%.

Download Now

Get your free report today!