Imperva Incapsula Review

Added security is the biggest bonus, as our websites have highly sensitive data.

Valuable Features

The added security is the biggest bonus feature, as our websites are not usually under extreme load but do have highly sensitive data. A good WAF can be difficult enough to configure even without many of the advanced security features that Imperva Incapsula includes: SQL injection prevention, bot attack recognition and notification, and DDoS.

Improvements to My Organization

Our audit experience is made much more simple due to having this solution. It is an answer to many security issues. We have all of the same sites available and audited internally. This extra layer of security helps with the external 'monitoring and alerting' and keeps that heavy administration portion to those who can handle it at scale a lot easier.

Room for Improvement

The API is lackluster but especially for 'customers'. The only thing we wanted to use the API for was only available to resellers.

Use of Solution

I have been using it for 5+ years.

I have not encountered any stability issues at all.

We have a multitude of DNS names for essentially the same site. Despite that, we have to pay for each of these separately as different sites. This model is unfortunate for us but we find the service to be worth it. I could see this being a potential issue, while it is not yet.

I have had to contact support only once for API support and it was a good experience.

Initial setup was simple but admittedly handled by a different person. I have set up and decommissioned sites with ease.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

You get a better bang for your buck with converged DNS site names. If you use separate DNS for smaller portions of a site, it will increase your licensing cost.

Other Solutions Considered

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options.

Other Advice

Keep your sites strongly secured but sleep easier knowing Imperva Incapsula continuously baffles our penetration testers.