Infoblox Advanced DNS Protection Review

Mature and stable with an easy initial setup

What is most valuable?

We're currently in deployment, so it's hard for me to discuss the most valuable aspects of the solution. At the moment, we're just using it for the DHCP. We're expecting to really like the discovery model, but we haven't tested it yet.

DHCP is a basic service, and they've been doing it for years, so it's mature and stable.

What needs improvement?

I'm a manager, so I'm not someone who's working closely with the solution. It's also in the deployment phase, so we haven't spent enough time with the solution to really judge what is missing or not.

I've been using the solution for a year.

The solution is very stable. It's one of it's selling points.

The solution is very scalable.

We haven't used technical support yet. We're working with a partner, and so far we haven't needed them as everything has been working fine.

The initial setup is straightforward for a specialist. It's not something I'd recommend for beginners.

The solution is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the hybrid deployment model.

The brand is a market leader, which makes the solution expensive, but it's worth the price because it is so stable.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the price was more reasonable.