Informatica Data Integration Hub Review

Excellent at standardizing mass data and capable of integrating with multiple solutions

How has it helped my organization?

The MDM solution is capable of integrating multiple systems, so it helped us to solve the purpose of centralizing the depository as well as the standardization of mass data. It takes away all the ambiguity around data integrity issues or all the process challenges which happen when every stage of a process uses a different source as master data.

What is most valuable?

The solution's ability to integrate with different solutions is a big selling point for us. It's also quite powerful and customizable. I really enjoy its match and merge capabilities.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to UI look and feel and user experience, Informatica is not as good as other solutions.

There are some MDM solutions that come with an integrated view, which includes your transactional and master and all other data together and helps you get a 360 view of the object. That's where I think Informatica is not as powerful or as agile in the way other solutions are out of the box.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

It's quite simple to scale the solution. We have about 30,000 users, but I don't see a limitation on the solution that would stop you from having more.

Technical support is pretty good. It does take time. Some solutions are not fixed, but they have releases and updates that deal with the issues, so, I don't see a lag in support in that sense.

In 2010, there were only maybe three solutions: SAP, IBM, and Informatica. Before that, we didn't really have a centralized mass data contract, so it was more of an application grievance. With Informatica, we gained centralization of mass data, and also had governance and quality as part of a data management practice, and I think, at the time, the full package was available with Informatica as compared to other options.

I was not the installer, so I'm unsure of how complex the initial setup was.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises version of the solution.

I would recommend the product, but it depends on your business and other solutions you might already be using. If you're only using SAP, I don't think you'll need Informatica. If you're using Oracle products, you don't even need SAP.

However, if you're looking for an essential repository with very good integration capabilities, want to have a longterm sustainable solution, and you have multiple ESPs, as well as a wider organization setup, then I think Informatica is the best.

I would rate the solution at eight or nine out of ten.