Informatica PowerCenter Review

The graphical design is easy to understand and it is user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Informatica PowerCenter is for insurance and enterprise data warehouse creation.

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable is that the solution is very user-friendly and the graphical design is very easy to understand.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the digital adoption. It would be nice if they could be cheaper, because the training is very expensive as they do everything online.

We've been using this solution for about nine years now.

Compared to other solutions, Informatica PowerCenter is very stable.

The solution is scalable. They have a cloud version for a small company. So nowadays start-ups or small companies are using the cloud version, while the big companies like banks and insurance companies are using the full-fledged enterprise version. We have about 100 users in our company and we plan to increase our usage of Informatica PowerCenter.

The technical support is very, very good. They make sure to come on site and help us to fix any issues we may have.

We previously used a Microsoft solution but that was not very scalable. That is why we switched to Informatica, as it is much more scalable.

The initial setup was really straightforward and easy and it took us about 15 minutes. Three people are enough to do the maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten and I will recommend others to use it, even though it is a little expensive, compared to other solutions.