Interfacing Technologies Enterprise Process Center Review

Highly integrated, user-friendly, and supports mobile devices

What is our primary use case?

We were looking for a BPM tool that enabled us to manage our:

• Process portal available to all employees and contractors, together with access for our external partners
  • Process Architecture including linking to the process maps in BPMN 2.0 with validation of our limited user-friendly version of BPMN, linked to the Process Architecture
  • Process documentation, including work instructions and procedures
  • Process Controls embedded in processes and linked to the risks and regulative compliance items
  • Process performance measures, including collecting any raw data from source systems, calculating measures, and then providing dashboards and reports for review
  • Process improvement initiatives with tools to support analysis and identification of processes requiring improvement

We needed the entire platform to provide a browser-based, user-friendly and available on mobile devices (for our field staff and external partners) as well as desktop.

Lastly, we also wanted the capability to move towards process execution of human-centric workflow and integrate with our RPA platform.

How has it helped my organization?

While it was still early days, the Enterprise Process Center platform provided us with the flexibility to allow us to implement BPMN 2.0 without being too rigid. We also found that we had available additional capabilities, such as master data management and document management. These were going to be extremely useful in bringing new capabilities to the organization to replace legacy capabilities (already flagged for replacement) as our implementation program and rollout proceeded.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integrated manner in which all the capabilities of the Enterprise Process Center platform work together and make it easier to complete the documentation of processes.

The platform is also highly configurable and customizable, although it is clear that you should learn to "walk before you try to run". In other words, starting with the out-of-the-box implementation still provides a very feature-rich environment that can be improved even further as your usage matures.

What needs improvement?

At this stage, we have don't really have any issues that have caused us any significant problems.

As with all such platforms, Enterprise Process Center is a complex tool and there are many capabilities and features that take time to learn. We have only begun to scratch the surface of the EPC, so we are still early in our learning cycle. While the available help and user documentation are highly informative, adding links to short how-to videos would be extremely useful. We can see that Interfacing has already been working on this over the first half of this year.

We have been working with Interfacing and Enterprise Process Centre on a proof of concept project over a six month period.

We have had no stability issues

We can see this is a highly scalable solution

Prior to conducting a search and selection process, we relied upon Microsoft SharePoint, Word, and Visio for all of our process documentation.

As we have had EPC delivered as a SaaS solution, setup was straightforward

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is to understand what options you believe you are going to want to implement and rollout in the first three to five years, but spend the most time understanding what the set-up costs and pricing will be in the first two or maybe three.

It is highly likely that your expectations and plans will change during this initial period. So it is important to understand what flexibility is available to you on the pricing options available.

Our BPM Tool search was conducted over a three to six-month period. During this time, we also looked at Signavio, BOC ADONIS, Prime BPM, and BIC Cloud

What other advice do I have?

Interfacing is a very engaging and accommodating company to work with. They have been involved with BPM for longer than most of their competitors and have people with a diverse range of experience.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More Interfacing Technologies Enterprise Process Center reviews from users