Klocwork Review

We were able to produce the non-defective code at the developer's desktop

What is our primary use case?

our primary use case was to find and fix all possible static vulnerabilities like Buffer over flow, null pointer check, array out of bounds, concurrency violations, etc.., We work on Linux platform with gcc compiler.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped our organization to produce the non-defective code right at the developer's desktop. So we were able to deliver releases on time.

What is most valuable?

The pre-checkin code review, industry standard checks, continuous integration (CI) and customized checkers are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to consider having more language support ability. Currently Klocwork supports C/C++, Java and C#, (Android*)

More than five years.

Klocwork is very stable. i have seen Klocwork running on 40 million lines of code without any problem.

Klocwork has almost all the features what an advanced Static code analyser should have.

Customer service is great. We are getting responses from support within a day. The local support (I am from India) is also good.

Technical support from Klocwork is great. The Klocwork documentations are available online so we hardly contact the Klocwork support.

We were using three Open Source static analyzers and faced lots of false-positives and false-negatives. Klocwork has given us better results with real issues.

Setup was straightforward with the installation shields (a single .exe for Windows and .sh file for Linux).

For the very first time, the vendor team had helped us in the deployment. Their support was great. From the second time onwards, our internal team was able to upgrade and install with the help of online documentations.

We got what we have expected. Klocwork worth the price.

The Klocwork tool is worth the price that they have quoted.

we have evaluated multiple open source tools and few commercial tools.

What other advice do I have?

Unlike other static code analysis tools, Klocwork integrates seamlessly into desktop IDEs, build systems, continuous integration tools, and any team's natural workflow. Mirroring how code is developed at any stage, Klocwork prevents defects and finds vulnerabilities on-the-fly, as code is being written.

Klocwork also helps prioritize work with SmartRank, the revolutionary new recommendation engine that prioritizes issues and helps select which ones to work on first.

Take prioritized, corrective action immediately to deliver more secure and reliable code.

1 visitor found this review helpful