Klocwork Review

One of the best tools available for static analysis. There are some false warnings issued.

What is most valuable?

It is one of the best tools available for static analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool was already rolled out in our projects at Delphi Technical Center in Bangalore, India. Though we had a QAC tool for MISRA checks, Klocwork was preferred for complete code base static analysis before projects go to production.

For all GM projects, this tool is used to perform static analysis. It provides a nice report, so all manual efforts in analyzing the code base are completely removed.

What needs improvement?

There are some false warnings found which eventually are not considered for a fix after the team reviewed the source code.

We have been using the system for around three years.

It is quite stable, reliable and has not shown any difference in the results for multiple runs.

We have not tried to scale yet, but it was sufficient for our current projects.

We have not encountered any problems at my level. I have no idea how the technical support is.

We were using QAC and Klocwork at my previous company. At my current organization, we use Polyspace.

The setup was in place when I arrived.

I have no idea about pricing.

I was not involved in the tool evaluation process.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this tool as one of the best to be used for static analysis and should at least be tried.