Klocwork Review

Its strong Capability in On the fly analysis

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to check our Internal Standards which is always a burden because it involves lot of manual checking. We are using Klocwork for this by writing some algorithms and implementing it in Klocwork. Klocwork is very strong in this section.

How has it helped my organization?

As said earlier checking our industry standards is main burden which involves lot of manual work. Now Klocwork has completely removed this and we are very easily checking our internal standards.

What is most valuable?

The ability to create custom checkers, which is an important part of most of the projects. Its on the fly capability is very good.

What needs improvement?

Nothing as of now. I hope that in each new release they add new features relating to the addition of checkers, improving their analysis engines etc. In the near future I will discuss additional features that need to be added.

Still implementing.

Technical Support is very good. They took only hours to resolve most of my issues.

I didn't use any tools other than Klocwork.

Initial setup is straightforward. There is no complexity in the initial setup.

I have implemented it with the help of a vendor team. They are really very good with Klocwork.

It is worth it for the price that the vendor quoted.

I evaluated two other tools, which were not matched with Klocwork at any point. I don't want to reveal the names of the tools.

What other advice do I have?

Support for more languages would be helpful since this is my trustworthy tool. One more advice from my side would be to do some webinars on Klocwork will be helpful for some new users.