Klocwork Review

It has saved a lot of time in developing a code through on the fly analysis mode

What is our primary use case?

Our main test case is to check for some of our internal standards which we usually do manually. But when we got Klocwork, it completely changed the scenario. We are writing a simple logic for checking our internal standards without much overhead.

One more is on the fly analysis which is the most important feature which Klocwork provides I believe.

How has it helped my organization?

• It has reduced the manual analysis for a lot of scenarios like checking for internal standards.
  • It has saved a lot of time in developing a code through on the fly analysis mode.
  • Klocwork team is regularly updating their checkers which is the good one where we can get more accurate and new kind of issues or bugs in our code can be identified.

What is most valuable?

First will be the on the fly analysis as it is reducing the time for developing a code. One more best thing is the reports section which is very nice to understand. Also the support which is available for Industry Standards as well as we can also write our own internal standards and we can check during the analysis.

What needs improvement?

Not much as of now. But I am feeling Klocwork should support more number of languages like other static code analyzers do. Right now Klocwork has supportability available only to C, C++, Java, and C#.

Still implementing.

Very good.

I evaluated some other tools, but I don't want to reveal the names of these tools. I didn't find them as good tools when compared with Klocwork.

It has a straightforward setup from my scenario. Just installing a few .exe files. Not much complexity is involved in this.

Vendor team. Very good, and they are friendly.

I don't know much about cost and licensing as my management is looking at these things.

What other advice do I have?

Not much as of now.

1 visitor found this review helpful