Leiberman RED Identity Management [EOL] Review

It allows us to enumerate all machines from an Active Directory domain and begin changing passwords on domain and local accounts

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to install and enumerate all machines from an Active Directory domain and begin changing passwords on domain and local accounts. Managing service accounts is very easy as well.

What needs improvement?

Session recording generally works but intermittently stops. The permission model for individual accounts could be made better. It would also be nice to be able to group accounts together, specifically with domain accounts. Currently, the product is centered around nodes and machines.

The permission model is based around what they call Management Sets. Management Sets group together computers. So if you have multiple accounts on the same computer, you are not able to easily assign different permissions. The best example of this is the Active Directory domain. To Liebermann, it’s a single computer with lots of accounts. You could add the domain to multiple management sets, but that will create other problems. If you have service accounts in your Active Directory domain, the only choice for is to assign specific permissions to specific accounts as opposed to using some time of grouping.

I have used it for 1-2 years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Technical support is 7/10. They are generally good but in my experience slow to respond on product issues.

Straightforward and easy to install; very simple to make the initial connection to an Active Directory and pull in accounts and computers.

What other advice do I have?

Analyze your requirements and ensure that you allocate enough time. PAM/PUM is not a simple process. There are the initial quick wins but when it deals with service accounts, the amount of time required to manage one account can increase exponentially.