Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series Review

Easy to install, stable, and priced well for the market

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers.

What is most valuable?

The price of this solution is good.

What needs improvement?

Many people do not realize that Lenovo has a storage solution, so better marketing from the vendor is needed.

We have just begun working with the DM Series.

Our customers enjoy the stability that the Lenovo DM Series has.

The scalability is very good. However, if the product is a few years old then expanding storage may be expensive because of a change in the technology.

Our customers for this product are normally medium and large companies. The most recent deployment was for a company with 100 employees.

The initial setup is easy. If you have any familiarity with storage solutions, regardless of the vendor, then you can easily configure this product. The length of time required for deployment depends on the size of the project, although I would estimate the average to be one or two days. For a small amount of storage, it will only take a few hours.

I have worked with several similar products and I find that the decision by the customer is normally made based on the price.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and is one that I recommend.

More Lenovo ThinkSystem DM Series reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC SC Series
Find out what your peers are saying about Lenovo, NetApp, Dell EMC and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: August 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.