LiquidPlanner Review

I had been using MS Project and switched because we wanted a web based solution.

Valuable Features

Two stick out, firstly the fact is that its cloud based and secondly the many levels of collaboration that are available.

Improvements to My Organization

1. The entire organisation is now on the same page, with one source of truth.
  2. Forced people to become compliant in reporting and updates - if its not in Liquidplanner it did not happen.
  3. Enabled us to access project plans from multiple locations - we did not have to be on the network and connected to the server.

Room for Improvement

None really, perhaps my only comment is that it is not cheap but in saying that, its worth every penny.

Use of Solution

Six years, I have been using Liquidplanner since they launched.

No - there is ample documentation and training videos and excellent support

Excellent

Excellent

I had been using MS Project and switched because we wanted a web based solution and where looking for the ability to improve collaboration and file sharing. As much as I love Liquidplanner, MS project is still an awesome tool.

Initial setup was straightforward, some of the their upgrades included extensive changes and there was a bit of a learning curve with the upgrades. Documentation and support helped me through it.

Implementation Team

We implemented in house.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

As we are a non profit, Liquidplanner gave us a generous discount and I believe they still provide discounts for non profits.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes I did but it was six years ago so I cannot remember which other options I looked at. I was getting excellent support from Liquidplanner so that was what sealed it for me.

Other Advice

There is no perfect Project Management platform, you will need to settle with an optimum solution. Spend time evaluating all the options out there before deciding.

Liquidplanner continues to release upgrades and its very clear that the new features being rolled out are a result of them listening intently to their customers

1 visitor found this review helpful