LoadUI Pro Review

Facilitates load testing, operational volume testing, and spike testing for the APIs

What is our primary use case?

I'm a test lead person so we have multiple teams who work under me and they use WebView API, other members use LoadRunner, and some members just use other automation techniques. They use Selenium and Java automation.

What is most valuable?

It provides many features. It facilitates load testing, operational volume testing, spike testing for the APIs, and the API is very fast

It stores good reports, as in, improved reports if compared with SoapUI. It also has in-built security. You just need to switch and check the security testing. My team has never used it, but I know ReadyAPI provides those facilities as well.

What needs improvement?

I have used JMeter but for load testing for local website testing. I'm not sure whether this particular tool supports all the websites connected to testing as well.

This is an area for improvement with the tool. We unnecessarily use JMeter for some website testing, which we would like to avoid by introducing this tool for API and load testing because it provides load testing features.

It supports the APIs but not for the websites. It would be good if that feature is integrated into the solution.

I have been using LoadUI for one and a half years.

It's a stable product.

I am not the one who handles their technical support. My team has not raised any concerns about the support team. If they did, they would raise the concern.

They have good documentation and blogs on the internet.

The initial setup is not very complex. For testers, they have to create their test cases and scenarios within ReadyAPI, and there they simply go for the load testing. It's automatically created.

There should be a free testing version that should be offered for free for students. Not free for enterprises but for the student level so that they can get transparency and can become familiar with it.

SoapUI partnered with SmartBear who offers this for free under their platform.

There should be a student version of this platform in which a student can get their hands dirty in order to get some expertise.

For an enterprise, the price is fine. Some features are at a very high level, especially with reporting, they should just disable those right away for the student level.

One free month is not enough to fully evaluate the solution. I would need more time to explore the features. They should offer a free student version in order to help expand their community.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It is a very good product.

It's a very good and handy product. There are so many features. It's getting more popular day by day.

In the next release, they should include website testing, especially load testing. I don't think it supports it right now.

I'm comparing it with JMeter. JMeter also supports load testing themselves. If I'm paying the price for using the software, it would be better if I could use those features where I can discard the open-source ones.