ManageEngine IT Asset Management Review

Auto-discovery has helped us a lot, and it is stable and easy to set up

What is most valuable?

The auto-discovery feature has helped us a lot.

What needs improvement?

The assets that can be discovered are pretty easy to manage, but there should be a better way to manage non-discoverable assets. Our development team works on bots and tests particular hardware. They have got different varieties of hardware. They want a feature for managing these assets within a warehouse kind of environment. For example, our IT has received 100 items, and they have assigned these items as a bulk unit to a project manager. The project manager further wants to distribute these items within his or her team. Instead of maintaining a separate Excel sheet, the project manager should be able to reallocate these items from within the tool so that we have hierarchical entities for the same unit.

Another example would be that I have got 100 SSD drives that need to be distributed among ten projects. I'm the project manager, and I have one asset with a quantity of 100. Instead of me creating 100 CIs, I should be able to aggregate these CIs and reallocate these CIs in portions to various projects. This is the feature that we are really looking forward to. Currently, we are having some challenges in managing assets. We are still managing them in Excel sheets and keeping a track of them outside the system.

I have been using this solution for around two years. I am currently using its latest version.

It is stable.

In the on-prem environment, there could be challenges in terms of scalability. We have not reached the tipping point to see any scalability issues, but as the database grows, we will see some challenges. We are thinking of migrating to the cloud environment in the future.

Their technical support is okay. I have no issues with their technical support.

We were using Sapphire, which was an on-prem solution. Both these solutions have similar kinds of challenges. We moved away from Sapphire because it was not integrated with our IT Service Management tool.

It was easy to set up.

Its price is reasonable, but I wish it was lower.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to think properly about their configuration management and CMDB. They should design the workflows on paper. After that, they should work with the quick setup team of ManageEngine to implemented it. We didn't have any specific challenges.

I would rate ManageEngine IT Asset Management an eight out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, ServiceNow, Qualys and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.